FAQ – Membership
How do you recommend I use the IFP/PHX to network?
It’s called NetWORKing for a reason. Network in-person by attending as many IFP Phoenix events as possible, such as Education Seminars, screenings, Film Festivals, etc. Most networking is really based on chance encounters that transpire when many people are in one place at a given time.
How do I keep abreast of events, programs & news?
We keep our website up to date, and frequently send out e-mail newsletters to our members. Connect with us on on Facebook
, and follow us on Twitter
to get the most current news.
How do I RSVP to an event?
Details on IFP events (screenings, workshops, seminars etc) are listed in the Events section of the website. Each listing will have complete details about how to RSVP. We generally offer tickets through Brown Paper Tickets online, but you are also welcome to call or stop into the office. Please note that many events have a higher charge for at the door tickets.
For free events, such as Membership Orientations, members should RSVP with Brown Paper Tickets.
For Film Society screenings (Filmgoer, Filmbuff and VIP Patron levels), send an e-mail with full name, phone number and membership number to email@example.com to reserve your seat.
What if I prefer not to renew or join online? Can I join or renew another way?
Yes, of course! Once you have the paper application, you can then complete membership with any of the methods below:
- By phone: Call the office at 602.955.6444 with your credit card number.
- By Fax: Print and fax your completed Membership Application to 602.955.0966
- By Mail: Print and mail your completed Membership Application check or money order to:
IFP/PHX Membership 1700 N 7th Avenue, Suite #250 Phoenix, AZ 85007
- In Person: Stop by our offices Monday-Friday 10 am – 3pm to pay by credit card, cash, check or money order. Please call ahead to make sure the office is staffed.
- Reminder: You can Join Online.
How long does it take to receive my membership once I join or renew?
Memberships are processed two times a month with expirations at the end of the month. If you wish to attend an event before you receive your membership card in the mail, contact our Membership Manager
How do I check the status of my membership?
What if I lose my card?
No problem, we’ll take care of you! The cost is just $10 to replace your membership card, just contact the Membership Manager
and we’ll get that new card out to you right away. Reminder: You must present your card in order to receive vendor discounts and when coming to IFP Phoenix Member-Only events.
How do I find out what benefits I get with my membership to IFP/PHX?
The extensive list of Membership benefits can be reviewed on our Benefits
I haven’t received Filmmaker Magazine!
That isn’t a question.. but we can still help you by just contacting our Membership Manager. A reminder that Filmmaker Magazine is a quarterly publication, published 4 times a year. In other words, you may be in between issues based on when you became an IFP Phoenix member. Once your membership is processed we activate your subscription, so if you were enrolled between:
- Mar 26 – Jun 25, your first issue of Filmmaker Magazine will arrive Jul 31 (Summer Issue)
- Jun 26 – Sep 25, your first issue of Filmmaker Magazine will arrive Oct 31 (Fall Issue)
- Sep 26 – Dec 25, your first issue of Filmmaker Magazine will arrive Jan 31 (Winter Issue)
- Dec 26 – Mar 25, your first issue of Filmmaker Magazine will arrive Apr 31 (Spring Issue)
In the meantime, go to Filmmaker Magazine to read archived articles from past issues.
One final thing that could be the source of the problem, could be change of address. Notify Filmmaker Magazine of address changes by contacting Filmmaker Magazine Coordinator.