IFP Phoenix is run almost exclusively by volunteers. If you have a passion for filmmaking, and have a skill that you’d like to donate to help better the Arizona filmmaking community, we’d like to talk with you. Please see a list of current volunteer job and internship openings below.
Current Staff Position Openings (current 1/16/2015)
- Film Challenge Director - The film challenge director leads the IFP Phoenix team during its three yearly film challenges as well as the finals at the Phoenix Film Festival. Responsibilities include: Helping to design and implement new challenges, using WordPress to modify the IFP Web Page for all challenge information, verify films are complete after turn in, arrange and attend film judging, plan kickoffs and after parties, contribute to marketing, work with vendors and festivals for prizes, write scripts and format programs for screenings, etc.
- Education Director - The education director will plan and organize quarterly seminars and workshops as well as some of our programs at the Phoenix Film Festival. Responsibilities include: designing each event, working with educators to plan the event, hosting the event, working with venues, marketing, writing follow up articles, helping with education events at the festival, etc.
- Social Media/Website Director - This role will be responsible for maintaining the IFP website, including creating content, updating information, and writing articles (as desired). In addition, manage the IFP Social media presence, including but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Monthly Movie Meeting Host - The Monthly Movie Meeting host organizes and hosts the meeting once a month. Responsibilities include: Working with the venue owners, marketing, organization of presenting filmmakers, running the screening, etc.
Current Internship Opportunities (current 1/16/2015)
- General Intern – Will help with miscellaneous tasks related to other staff positions.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please email us with a resume and cover letter and we will schedule an interview. A job description can be sent for any of the above positions upon request.
ASU Students: Please visit http://students.asu.edu/career/employers-internships for more information about getting college credit for your internship.