Mark Travis – Actors 911
Mark Travis brings his Actors 911 back to AZ September 8-9. Actors, Writers, Directors are invited! Most actors are not prepared or trained to deal with three of most consistent and perplexing obstacles that an actor has to face…
1. a script that is either incomprehensible or presents no clues to character or event
2. a scene partner that is inexperienced, uncooperative or inflexible
3. a director who is unclear, unsupportive, can’t communicate or is totally unavailable (this the often the most serious and problematic obstacle actors face).
This is where the Actor’s 9-1-1 comes in. In The Actor’s 9-1-1 skilled actors will learn how to find directorial solutions to these problems: how to make weak material work, how to direct themselves and even how to direct others (their scene partners) in an appropriate and non-threatening manner.
The Actor’s 9-1-1 covers:
- Survival techniques for any acting situation
- Finding the hidden meaning in the scene
- How to translate ‘result’ directing into organic behavior
- Creating dynamic objectives and obstacles that will bring any scene to life
- How to ‘direct’ your scene partners without them knowing it
- Adapting bad staging into dynamic, organic staging
- Self-staging in order to stimulate your character and others
- And much, much more …
When actors learn to think like directors (solving problems rather than being crippled by them) then they can take more control of their craft.
DATE: Saturday and Sunday, September 8-9, 2012
TIME: 9 am-6 pm
INSTRUCTOR: Mark W Travis
$250 (+$25 Studio Registration Fee for New Students) to participate *register by August 6
$125 to audit (not participate) – perfect for directors, newer actors, writers
LOCATION: Verve Studios, 7735 E Gelding Drive #5 Scottsdale AZ 85260
REGISTER: Available Online
MORE INFO: http://www.vervestudio.net/acting-marktravis.asp
This workshop is brought to you by Verve Studios, a proud partner with IFP Phoenix.