Phoenix Comicon – Festival, Challenge, and Competition
The 2012 Phoenix Comicon Film Festival call for entries has begun! This year we invite one and all to submit to the film festival and to the Phoenix Comicon Film Challenge and we invite current Arizona residents to submit to the script competition. Submission deadline for all three is March 31st, 2012
For the most up-to-date details about these competitions, and to download entry form for the competitions, please visit the Phoenix Comicon website. The details are provided below.
Complete Rules for the Film Festival and Film Challenge Entries
For information about the Film Festival, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Film Challenge, please contact: email@example.com
- TWO copies of the film(s) must be submitted in a DVD Region 1 playable format.
- All films entered should fall under at least one of the listed genres.
- All submissions must be made by the filmmaker(s). No anonymous submissions will be accepted.
- All foreign language films must have English subtitles.
- All films will be pre-screened by Phoenix Comicon staff.
- No submissions will be returned, therefore, do not send the only copy.
- We are not responsible for any submissions lost or damaged in delivery.
- Participants do not need to attend the convention or festival to be eligible.
- Notice of selections will be announced on or before May 1st by email and posted on the Phoenix Comicon website.
- The Phoenix Comicon is a family-friendly event and preference will be given to films appropriate for all-ages viewing. Submissions not suitable for all-ages will be considered for late night screenings.
Film Challenge Eligibility
- All previous General Eligibility rules apply.
- All submissions must premiere at Phoenix Comicon.
- Film running time should be 15 minutes or less.
Phoenix Comicon Script Competition:
For information about the Script Competition, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writers must be currently live in Arizona.
- Scripts must not have been previously optioned, purchased, or produced.
- Scripts must be in standard format and in English.
- Page count must be between 10 and 20 pages.
- No anonymous submissions will be accepted.
- No submissions will be returned, therefore, do not send the only copy. All submissions will be shredded at the end of the convention.
- Although not a requirement to enter we recommend that you register your work with the U.S. copyright office or the Writer’s Guild of America.
- Writers do not need to attend the convention or festival to be eligible.